1. IF MY CLAIM EXCEEDS MY INDEMNITY LIMIT, WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE INSURER TO PAY THE INDEMNITY LIMIT AND FOR ME TO PAY THE BALANCE?
The claim limit forms part of your policy conditions, violation of this will result in the rejection of the claim, as the policy terms and conditions form part of the contract which you have agreed to
2. WHERE DOES IT SAY I HAVE 30 DAYS TO MAKE A CLAIM FROM THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT?
Exclusion 6.2 on page 2 of your Policy Wording states that you will not be compensated for Minor Damage that was incurred more than 30 days before reporting the Claim.
3. IS PRE-EXISTING DAMAGE COVERED?
NO – The reason for this is that cover for all future damage will commence after the inception date as stated on your policy document, and the policy premium has been received, all damages before this will be noted as pre-existing and are not covered. This is why we have photographs of the vehicle or the initial inspection is carried out by an authorised assessor.
4. I HAVE A SCRATCH THAT IS 16 CM IN LENGTH AND THE QUOTE FALLS BELOW THE LIMIT AMOUNT, WHY CAN I NOT CLAIM?
One of the policy conditions is that a scratch may not exceed 15 cm in length; if only one condition is violated we reserve the right to repudiate the claim as a whole. The complete policy is designed for SMART repair and if it exceeds this then your Motor Insurance policy should be used.
5. WHAT IS THIS POLICY AND WHAT DOES IT OFFER ME?
At SMART Protect we offer quality cover for all your minor damages. This entails scratches no longer than 15 cm in length, minor dents no bigger than 5 cm in diameter, scuffs no longer than 15 cm in length and chips no bigger than 3 mm.
6. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IF I WANT TO CLAIM?
In the unfortunate event of a claim, please call us on Tel: 0845 872 6685 and we will take you step by step through the procedure as shown under Section 11. How To Make A Claim on page 4 of your Policy Wording. We will require your policy number and vehicle registration number as this will enable us to deal with your claim more efficiently.
7. I HAVE DAMAGED A THIRD PARTY’S VEHICLE IN THE INCIDENT CAN I CLAIM FOR HIS DAMAGES ALSO / WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME IN RECOVERING MY COSTS FROM HIM / HER?
Liability for damage to another vehicle is specific to a policy designed to meet the requirements of the Road Traffic Act. As this isn’t such a policy you cannot claim for any damages to a Third Party’s vehicle.
8. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AN EXCESS?
An excess is necessary and required to ensure an affordable low premium. If excesses were not charged the administration costs involved would mean much higher premiums. This is no different to the majority of insurance policies.
9. WHY CAN YOU NOT HELP ME WITH THE DAMAGE ALL AROUND MY VEHICLE WHICH HAPPENED DURING THE COURSE OF THE PAST YEAR?
This policy is not designed to cover damage that is accumulated over a period of time, SMART repair damage incurred over the past 30 days will be covered, and that is why we want to encourage you to immediately advise us of any incident that resulted in damage (however slight) to your vehicle.
The excess is also payable per repair, as each repair or damage is generally from a separate incident / accident.
10. WHY CAN YOU NOT PAY FOR MY LICENCE PLATE / NEW BUMPER / REPLACEMENT OF THE TRIM / BADGE OF MY CAR?
One of the general exceptions of this policy is that we will not replace any body panel or part.
11. I AM NOT AT ALL SATISFIED WITH THE REPAIRS DONE ON MY VEHICLE WHAT WILL YOU DO TO HELP ME?
You should not sign the release form or satisfaction form supplied by the repairer if you are not completely satisfied. If you have signed the form supplied by the repairer and subsequently notice imperfections or areas that you aren’t happy with please call us immediately on Tel: 0845 872 6685.
12. HOW DO I KNOW IF A TECHNICIAN IS IMI APPROVED?
The technician will have his or her own unique identification number which we can check on the IMI database.
13. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE IMI QAA APPROVED?
This is so that we can ensure that they have been trained to a recognised standard and that a quality process repair is carried out on your vehicle.
14. HOW LONG IS THE REPAIR GUARANTEED FOR?
All work is guaranteed for 1 years for faulty products used or faulty workmanship. It is not covered if new damage has been created on that same area. You would then have to submit a new claim on your policy subject to policy terms and conditions.